Church of La Concepcion
Picture of The church of La Concepcion in La Laguna (Tenerife - Spain)
Camera: Sony DSC-H5
Comments: It was the first parish church of Tenerife and matrix of all the other created in the XVI century. El Adelantado settled in this place, after celebrating in 1496 the festivity of Corpus Christi, for the first time in Tenerife. The primitive church suffered many changes and
alterations in the following centuries. It was rebuilt in 1974, after the collapse of its naves in the sixties. The tower, made of mill stone, is the third that the temple has had and it was finished in 1697; nowadays, this tower is the most representative symbol of La Laguna.