The convent of San Pablo
Picture of the convent of San Pablo (Cuenca/Spain) taken in/from the hanging houses
Camera: Minolta Dimage-XT
Comments: The convent of San Pablo, now a hotel (Parador de Turismo), was founded in 1523 by the Dominicans and from its primitive state remains the church of latin cross plant with a gothic cover. The most outstanding is the main front: of churrigueresque baroque style, it was build in the XVIII century, with two large ionic columns framing the door, and above between two vases the escutcheon of the Inquisition. Inside there is a chapel devoted to Virgen del Rosario, work of Martin de Aldehuela that built it in the XVIII century.