3Y0I - Noticias DX y calendario DX
Noticias DX y calendario DX: 3Y0I
Añadido/actualizado el
Indicativo(s) 3Y0I   
Fecha inicio-fin evento 22/12/2021 - 31/12/2021
Enlaces Seguimiento y estad.          Spots recientes          DX Atlas          Calculadora propagación 
DXCC   3Y - Bouvet     
IOTA   AN-002 - Bouvet Island     
Zona CQ 38
Página WEB https://bouvetoya.org/
Modos planificados CW, SSB, Digital, Satellite
Bandas planificadas 160 m, 80 m, 40 m, 30 m, 20 m, 17 m, 15 m, 12 m, 10 m, 6 m, 13 cm, 3 cm
Fuente DX-World & DXNews & 425DXN           Etiquetas: Expedición, DXCC
Busqueda en log Clublog



First of all, we would like to wish the recently announced 3Y0J Bouvet DXpedition all the best for a successful activity at the start of 2023. There is enough space for even 3 more activities from 3Y0 land. We know how much detailed planning goes into a project like this and cross fingers for them.

From a Rebel perspective, the 3Y0J announcement does not change our plans. December 15, 2021 is when we plan to leave Cape Town and again head south into the Roaring Forties and Furious Fifties before attempting a Bouvet landing. We absolutely know from experience how volatile the seas around this most remote island are.

Our team of 8 operators aim to spend up to 30 days on Bouvet. Depending on weather, we will likely spend 7-10 days each way on the high seas getting there and returning.

Once on the island and our camp is set up, we will run 8 stations covering 160-6m. Modes include CW, SSB, FT4/FT8, RTTY and OQ100.

The total budget for our Bouvet DXpedition is considerably less than that of 3Y0J. We also have had no backing from any of the DX foundations.

Nonetheless, we are now missing only $32,000 from our final cost of $267,000. We absolutely hope between now and December we can accrue this missing amount, and appeal to all generous donors to help us with our final push to meet target.

More info will be posted soon.

Update April 5: Nothing changed after 3Y0J publication. We are on track for this year activity from Bouvet Island by end of the year.

Update March 16: From the Rebel DX Group Facebook page

Things are going slow during the pandemic, but we are going forward with our plans. After visiting South Africa 2 months ago, we can confirm that all equipment is ready for this year 2021 (November-December) Bouvet operation part 2. We really hope this time wild oceans will cooperate with us.

In the meantime we are finally going back to our Rebel vessel located in Fiji. Plans are to go back to Conway Reef for 3 weeks, Rotuma for 3 to 4 weeks and some very rare IOTAs around 3D2 zone. We will be testing some our new ideas to operate 5 different stations on FT8 (FOX & HUND) at the same time by 1 operator. (NO ROBOTS INVOLVED!!!!) This will be video recorded. Some stationary tests were very promising. This (HATE OR LOVE) mode will definitely help some small pistols to get rare DXCCs in the log.

Just to remind you, our last trip to Conway (operated by 2 ops. Tack JE1CKA and Dom 3Z9DX) did 33828 QSO’s in less than 8 days. That is a world record for QSO/DAY/Operator (2017 QSOs a day/operator). It means we are going to work DX not for party.

And now some very important words from the REBELS..

“Sincere thanks to my OH friends; OH0XX, OH1MA and our Rebel Ambasador OH2BH, who promptly responded to my urgent need of amplifiers and released three (3) pcs of Juma 1000 light-weight amplifiers.”

We had a plan to swap our amplifiers from heavy to light weight type. We got them in less than 3 days from Finland. Thank you again guys. Rebel Dx Team.

Update January 5: Some members of the Rebel DX Group have arrived in Cape Town, South Africa. After several Covid protocols we are in the good hands of our ZS friends and local supporters. Just to remind you, the whole of our expedition equipment from the first Bouvet ''attack'' was secured at the QTH of Andre ZS1AN. What a great guy he is!! We will check again all our expedition gear during the coming days. We had a very busy day yesterday with Shawn ZS1SBW, working on important paperwork for upcoming projects. More info on that soon.

The Bouvet (3Y0I) trip is on track. Still some budget is missing but we are hoping to get some of the missing $$$. Our last attempt cost us over $250K private money (donations were just 7%) and sadly that went to the ''vessel chimney'' (for fuel). Let's hope, this time we will be more lucky. Here is a link if you are willing to help. https://www.gofundme.com/f/3yi-bouvet-island-expedition 

For your information, we will not apply for financial support to any DX Foundation or big Clubs as their conditions are not acceptable to us for a trip to one of the most wanted DXCC entities; and one of hardest places to go on our planet.

Update December 31: After several months of doing nothing (read preperation) We are going forward. Some of the team members are on the way to South Africa... And this is not a vacation trip. News will be provided shortly on Facebook and Rebel DX Group web page.

Update November 4: We are still pushing with the missing budget ($24300) to finalize last payment for the vessel to make 3Y0I happen. So far (as an international team) we still can’t travel to South Africa due the Covid situation. Bouvet is not cancelled! All our equipment is ready there, waiting for us.

Time is running like crazy, also Antarctic summer will not wait for us so long… Please keep in mind that we will maybe need to reschedule this trip for the next season.

In the meantime Dom 3Z9DX received his Fijian government travel permit to go back to the Pacific Rebel Base as a back up plan. There is three different DXCC’s around: 3D2/C Conway,  3D2/R Rotuma, 3D2 Fiji + several IOTAs including some very rare groups. Unfortunately, cyclone season starts from November to March… so all looks very difficult and hard from logistic point of view. Let’s see what happens soon.

Update June 17: After today's telephone conversation with the Norwegian Polar Institute, we learned that the Institute suspends all scientific expeditions to a small weather base located on the west side of the Bouvet island.

It is very likely that the station was swept to the ocean by '' landslide ''.

The 3Y0I radio expedition is not at risk. We are keep pushing to get a full budget before we set a sail again by end of the year.

Our base will be established on the eastern side of the island on the glacier. This part of the island is not exposed to the worst western winds, waves and landslides.

we want to remind you that we have access to accurate, current satellite photographic data of our landing site.

Dom 3z9dx also has over 100 pictures from his non-radio visit and materials from other people who had visited the island.

We are really well prepared to do this job.

Now is your turn to help or forget about Bouvet in the log.

Update May 8: "We keep an eye on any possibilities  to continue our plans in terms of activation Bouvet Island at the end of this year". More information (including  the direct  link to the  3Y0I's  GoFundMe page)  can be found on https://www.facebook.com/rebeldxgroup/.

Update March 16: The Rebel DX Group (RDXG) team reports/posted the following (https://bouvetoya.org/) on March 11th [edited]: A bunch of fresh news from the 3Y0I - Bouvet Island camp.

Although we're still $25k short of our required budget, we arrange and follow things up according to our plans. A have already paid down-payment for our vessel. We also analyzed all conclusions collected during the 1st attempt. We have already verified, prepared and stored our expedition and radio gear. Actually we're just waiting for the coming Southern hemisphere's summer to "set sails" again.

  Our 2nd attempt to "conquer" the remotest island in the world - Bouvet Island - will take place by end of 2020.

  We strongly encourage to support our project via our GoFundMe page at https://www.gofundme.com/f/3y0i-bouvet-island-expedition. The website constantly updates and displays names and callsigns of each donor who decide to back up our plans.

  We are very very thankful for all donations sent by all of our current supporters!

  As announced before, we're up to our next project and about to leave for the Pacific IOTA tour by end of March. As a local tropical cyclone season withdraws, once arrived at Fiji we will check our Rebel's catamaran and prepare it for a long 1 month+ oceanic voyage. Expect the launch of the T33T Banaba and T22T Tuvalu project by late April/beginning of May 2020.

  We welcome our new gear supporter - The Adjustiwave Antennas. Their antennas' sector is simplicity and durability and we're going to use their verticals as additional and backup aerials during our Pacific tour.

Take a look at their website to learn more about these self-erected vertical multibanders:  https://adjustiwave.com

  73 and fingers crossed!  The RDXG Team

Update February 18: We are on track with 3Y0I Bouvet project. Still missing some budget but we are getting closer and closer. Second attempt will take place in December 2020. Before December, Rebels are moving to Pacific to activate Banaba Island (callsign secured T33T). This activity will start in fist half of 2020. After Banaba we will sail to T2 Tuvalu (working on callsign T22T). During April we will also be active from 2 x IOTAs; OC-156 and OC-121.

Update January 13: Second attempt is under planign but your help funding it is still required to make it happen.  Read the full article.

Update December 1: Following the generous grant of U$25.000 today we received an donation from amateur radio enthusiast who donate PayPal of 10.000 USD shrinking our missing budget to 55 thousands USD. We're are very grateful for supporting and believing in our project. We strongly encourage to donate via our GoFundMe page where it's possible to place donor's callsign and list your name among other donors who have been backing the 3YØI DXpedition.

Update October 30: Team look for support for 2nd attempt – more here

Update July 1: "The Rebel DX Group is a 'DX light' Band of Brothers with no foundation or large club support. We rely on our personal funds, Rebel Members, and your potential donations. Any donations received from ClubLog's OQRS system will be used to purchase fuel for our 2nd attempt at Bouvet 3Y0I this November, 2019. Expected fuel costs will be over $100,000.00 USDs, again."

Update Apr 10: "The entire 3Y0I Bouvet Team is home and all are resting after the Rebel attempt at Bouvet", they posted to https://www.rebeldxgroup.com on  18 April.  "Our license is renewed,  our equipment stored in  Cape Town",  they add, and "we're already making plans for Bouvet in the Fall".

Update Apr 4: After spending 2 weeks at sea, and being only 70nm from Bouvet before a ferocious storm struck, the Atlantic Tuna is now berthed at Cape Town port. Dom, 3Z9DX informs DX-World that the ship “is solid as a rock” and only “some electronic equipment suffered damage”.


Update Mar 31: Dom 3Z9DX reported Atlantic Tuna's location at 42.03S, 16.09E 06:00 UTC speed 9 knots. Weather improves a little bit. They feel ok but tired. Forecasts indicate a bigger improvement tomorrow.

Update Mar 28: Once they reach Cape Town and go through a detailed technical inspection of the vessel, there will be a special official statement issued to the ham radio community by the captain of MV Atlantic Tuna with further information on:

  • a detailed explanation of the situation encountered at South Atlantic nearby Bouvet Island and reasons for the decisions taken,
  • procedures applied during the recent issues encountered near Bouvet Island,
  • reported damages of the vessel and their results,
  • information how the team coped with the extreme situation encountered at the vessel,
  • estimation of necessary repairs’ deadlines.


Update Mar 27: And yet! The captain of the MV Atlantic Tuna had to take a difficult but responsible decision to take a course back to Cape Town, South Africa. But the 3YØI Expedition is NOT cancelled – we don’t give up that easily  [😉]

I just had a long conversation with Dom 3Z9DX on board on the MV Atlantic Tuna. The seas calmed down enough to let them do a proper technical inspection of damages caused by the severe cyclonic storm last night. Here are more details on the latest dramatic events.  [MORE HERE]

Update Mar,27: The MV Atlantic Tuna is making attempts to escape from a severe storm that is crossing an area surrounding Bouvet Island.
In a satellite phone conversation, Dom 3Z9DX explained the vessel’s captain decided to shift their course off the island to relocate the vessel into a safer area by following the wind’s direction to the East.
Further details unveiled by Dom regarding the bad storm’s outcome are not too good: they lost one of their radars and marine antennas. Neither of their /mm antenna survived the storm.
The good news is that despite the bad conditions, the Team, the crew are safe and in good condition. [MORE HERE]

Update Mar,24: We have crossed 47 deg. South. We crash 8 meters tall waves for last two days and the seas are furious – reports Dom 3Z9DX from MV Atlantic Tuna. – Despite furious seas we continue our voyage to Bouvet. Everybody’s fine.

Update Mar,23: They are at the mid point of their sea journey to Bouvet. If sea conditions continue the same they are expected to get to the island on the 27th evening or 28th.

Update Mar,21: We just entered the “Roaring Forties”. The vessel hits 8-10 meters tall waves and the seas are wild and bumpy. It’s gonna be a rough ride towards Bouvet – Dom 3Z9DX said..
Read full story

Update Mar,20: Bouvet weather forecast here and here

Update Mar,19: THE 3YØI BOUVET ISLAND EXPEDITION HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN. THE MV ATLANTIC TUNA, WITH THE TEAM ABOARD, DEPARTED FOR BOUVET ISLAND ON MARCH 19, 2019, AT APPROX. 6:00 UTC. IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL, THEY SHOULD REACH BOUVET IN 7 DAYS (AROUND MARCH 26). LANDING ON THE ISLAND WILL BE STRICTLY DEPENDENT ON WEATHER CONDITIONS UPON ARRIVAL. 3Y0I BLOG TRACKERS HERE / HERE / HERE LOW BANDS WITH THE UPCOMING BOUVET ISLAND, 3Y0I EXPEDITION Now that the 3Y0I team is on their way for their true adventure, it is time to look at some of the elements of their upcoming activity, specifically on low-bands. On Monday OH2BH had a detailed discussion with DXpedition leader Dom, 3Z9DX and their low-band specialist Tack, JE1CKA to understand their location and their options to produce an efficient 160/80m signal while considering their challenging environment. Dom has detailed experience on the zodiac landing on Bouvet while Tack, JE1CKA – a WRTC-rated contester and seasoned DXpedition operator – is now in charge of the low-bands. Tack has excellent field knowledge for creating powerful low-band signals. Their camp will be located some on the glacier at 100 ft. next to their landing area in the South-East corner of the Island with open view to EU/JA but mountains to the NW (USA) at a distance of eight (8) kilometers. They will be running 1.3KW with each of four (4) stations, CW, SSB, FT8 plus one for a CW/FT8 combo. When dealing with several unknown factors including high wind situations, they will have four options for 160/80m: 1: Running simple dipoles at the glacier, 2: Running slopers from the glacier edge to the landing beach, about 100 ft. lower, 3: Running 18m long fiber masts as verticals and Inverted-Ls and, 4: Three element wire beams for 160/80M slightly above glacier. In general, with the current conditions, the high-volume bands are expected to be 20/30/40 meters. It is assumed that 160/80 would bring a long awaited opportunity to catch these much needed band-pointers. On high bands they will have three fixed beams for EU, NA and Asia along with several multi-band verticals. JE1CKA himself will focus on 160/80 operations and will do cw exclusively for most of the operation. 3Y0I will use specialized observers for the 160/80 operations from three main focus areas. Martti, OH2BH (EU), Wayne, N7NG (NA) and Yasu, JR1AIB (Asia) will carefully follow the proceedings, and Martti will communicate potential adjustments via Satcom to the expedition venue. This is a historical undertaking, likely under very severe conditions with no DX Foundation support nor involvement. Dear Fellow DXers: It’s time to include 3Y0I team in your prayers for their safe landing and happy return. They are going late in the season but are professionally prepared. Their success will be exclusively in the hands of Mother Nature as always. We are all wishing the 3Y0I team and the M/S Atlantic Tuna a safe journey. For the 3Y0I team: Martti, OH2BH, Wayne, N7NG, and Yasu, JR1AIB

Update Mar,14: A short but essential update this time. An important decision to our DXpedition plans has been taken today, which will reflect in extending the initial 3YØI plans. We decided to take more provisions than initially planned. So did we regarding the fuel. More than 90,000 diesel liters has been fueled up (approx. 1 liter = U$1 = $90.000 we paid from our private money). That’s all because if weather permits, we plan to stay up to 3-4 weeks at the island itself (excluding sailing and landing time), giving much more chances for ATNOs all over the world. We are loading every list gear to the vessel. We have already installed and launched our maritime station from Cape Town’s shipyard. We’ll be signing as E51DOM/mm on way to and from the island on HF bands. As these preparations are bringing to a close, we will announce our departure and estimated on-air dates very soon. [source]



Ve al calendario de DX


Compartir: Twitter   Facebook   Página principal Mapa del sitio Radio SherlockBuscador Radio Sherlock Terminos de servicio  Privacidad  Cookies